Wednesday, October 5, 2011

who's right?

I was driving home with dad tonight and I took a different turn that would lead to our house... zomg, caused so much trouble... Dadddy was like 'Where are you going?!" and "now where are we? what is this place?" -.-""" made me so pissed off.. I was so cranky and tired as I had to go all the way to Lena's house to pick him and take him home. Dealing with his bickering was way toooo much for me.. so we pretty much argued all the way home about whose way was faster.

It pretty much went along like this..

"Where is this place?"
" -.-"" it's high street road.."
"this is high street road? you have to U-turn here, the other way where you go pass Josiah's child care is faster"
"A friend said tht this way is faster... and he lives around here so he would know"
"Over here you have to U-turn,.."
"Well.. I am the driver and I can choose where to drive... the last time you drove, you told me the same thing!!"
"okay well then next time you drive, don't take me this way"
"WHAtT?!?! are you serious?? Geez.."
"Geez, geeez, geeez! that's all you guys say"
"WHAT? ok fine, we'll just test it out another time to see which way is faster. Is that allright?"
"This way is slower!"

(the same conversation went over and over again)

then..
"you know what I learnt today? In australia people respect each other's opinions..."
"O.O!!!! wat??? in what way am I not respecting ur opinion?"
"you were so adamant that this way is faster.. when I already said the other way was faster"
"What???? I already said we'll just test it out next time..!!!!"

Zomg, tht was so annoying, anyway after coming home I ranted out to Eleanor and whatsapped Hannah complaining how Daddy's just so annoying, etc.. then I decided to check on google maps to see who was right and wrong... andddd.. here are the results :D

(my route)

(daddy's route)

SO! as you can see we were both wrong and right :D AHAHAHHA cos both routes would take 9 min and were 3.6km long.

anyway here are my lessons learnt

1) I am definitely my dad's child (LOOOL!) because we're always not wanting to lose and would try to prove each other wrong.. lol this reminds me of a monday incident when we were arguing if a certain street in Vermont South was one way or not.. lol I won that argument :D just saying.. ahah
2) It is okay to be wrong :D LOL! im not just saying that cos I got it wrong... (that my route was shorter and faster) It's just that.. when I went to my dad to show him my google map results, he didn't rub it in my face that I was wrong and in the end we just laughed about it.. so.. *shrugs* being wrong won't kill you (at least with situations like this...lol.. if it's diffusing a bomb or something then.. lol) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment