Friday, January 20, 2012

Market Research// baking day

Market research??
People often ask me what my job is. My hesitant response would be 'I'm a market research interviewer..' Then they would ask 'what is a market research interviewer..?' My reply: 'I call up people to do surveys on behalf of some companies..' Their response: 'OHH, so you're a telemarketer?'

Ok, I'm fine that people associate my work with telemarketers, I guess it's quite similar because both market research and telemarketing involves using the phone and talking to people. I also understand why people do not like gettings calls to buy something or in my case answer a few questions; it's just annoying.  FINE I GET IT. But what I do not understand is why some people would just keep going and going on about how telemarketing is such a pain and how market research is the absolute same with telemarketing.

E.g. (a conversation I had yesterday)

person: Telemarketing is the same as market research
me: Nah, I don't think so because market research we're not selling anything.
person: No, you are. You're selling/buying opinions.
person 2: Yeah! See she doesn't know (scoffs)
me: Well.. we're not selling a product and if they do not want to do the survey, they can just refuse.

Okay, It's not like I absolutely LOOVE my job, it's a job! If I had a choice to work somewhere else, I'd definitely GRAB that opportunity. That's why I don't get it why people get really defensive when they discuss MY JOB. If they have a problem with the way my work is carried out, write a complaint or put your name on the government list thing where you won't get these kinda calls! Do something about it! Why do I have to listen tohow sucky my jobs is or how similar it is to selling stuff on the phone. I already KNOW my job is sucky but because it is A JOB, I have to be positive about whatever I do. Having third parties try to debate on what my job "actually" is does not benefit anything. Just shut up for goodness sake.

Let's bake NOW!
I think baking (for me) is a little therapeutic :) If I'm bored and feel like I'm going crazy, I'd bake. If I'm sad and going crazy, I'd bake.
Kim-anh and Nick came over yesterday to bake :D 


We made peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. Took us 3+ hours to mix, place and bake the cookies. Altogether, we made about 130 cookies. Here are some pictures.



TEEEHEE, gave them jobs to cut the block of chocs.




peanut butter and butter


peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar and butter


peanut butter, butter, eggs, vanilla essence, white sugar, brown sugar, plain flour, salt and baking powder.



peanut butter, butter, eggs, vanilla essence, white sugar, brown sugar, plain flour, salt, baking powder, dark chocolate and white chocolate







after baking, we had dinner together :)





HUZZAH for friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment