Monday, January 23, 2012

What's been happening// Op-shopping

The Australian Open is happening now!! WOOHOO! Tennis season babehhyyy! The other day, Erjia and I went to watch the first-round at Rod Laver with some friends :) Lleyton and Serina Williams were playing. As usual, Lleyton's game was SUPER long! and unfortunately.. the person we were rooting for lost :( Stebe~ Stebe~ Stebe~

it was such a hot day -.-"









Kim-Anh's kinda birthday celebration also happened! We met up for din dins at Grill'd in Knox. We had this meal deal where we paid $22 for a burger from Grill'd and a movie ticket at Village :D YAY!! double kil.. haha kinda.. because we wanted to make full use of the deal Nick, Kim-anh and I chose the most expensive burger available LOL! such asians we are ;D Jess got a veggie burger which looked equally sumptuous.. hmmm maybe I should try it out next time.. We finally passed Kim-anh her presents :D


After some catching up, we went for the 8:30pm Sherlock Holmes movie. It was relatively good. lol! I don't know why.. but I don't seem to really enjoy movies as I used to do when I was younger. lol! I'm not hating on Sherlock holmes.. but I guess the experience wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Hmm I wonder why...


Chinese New Year is here!! Tbh, I'm not as excited as I thought I might have been. haha! Maybe cos it's not as festive over here compared to Asia.. so... idk. doesn't feel like a different day :S BUT!!! yesterday night, the Clayton lifegroup had a little CNY celebration :) People were meant to meet at 6pm. By the time I arrived (around 6:08pm) people were still cooking.. so a few of us moved between watching the Aussie open to grinding peanuts and stuff. lol!

After dinner and some yi sang throwing, we gathered at the living room to play mahjong and watch Federer kick Tomic's arse! I was rooting for Federer but by the 2nd set, I kinda felt sorry for Tomic :( He was getting trashed! Anyway, I won't be surprised if he comes up stronger next year :) Altogether it was a wonderful gathering of friends. Definitely a great experience. Here are some blurry pictures of the night.







Kim-anh and I went op shopping today cos there was a 50% off blue tags in all salvo shops. YAAAY! Altogether, we went to 4 op shops.

The first shop was the 'Opportunity Shop' in Scoresby Village. I got a couple pieces of fabrics for an upcoming DIY project :D --> CANNOT WAIT!

The second shop was salvos on High Street Road. Unfortunately we didn't find anything interesting there :(

The third shop (which would be my fav) was salvos on Studfield, Stud Road. It was amazing because there was air conditioning! Just saying.. the weather was pretty harsh today and the other shops did not have air-con.. it was like 34 degrees celcius outside -.-" and SUPER SUNNY. I got a couple of earrings from this shop..
Here are some pics :)

sigh finally found my babes :) Have been searching for these kindas for a while.

$ 2.99vintage clip ons

$2.99 shell earrings
At the same salvos store Kim-anh and I over heard there's a larger salvos in stud park, rowville. haha, so we headed over there and found some pretty AMAZING stuff :) lol! We're such shopping addicts... but! I have to say.. we shop on a very low budget, so I guess it's not very detrimental to our welfare like all addictions haha ;D

Fourth store at Studfield, Rowville Kim-anh and I found a couple of pretty good stuff.. but we hesitated to get all of thems cos 1) some items we did not need 2) we had to keep to our budget.


our buys :)


So.. I came out of that store with some fabrics for my DIY project, a pair of clip on earrings and a SUPER AWESOME LONG CARDIGAN! Kim-anh disapproves of the cardi :( but i love it! hahah! I'll have to admit it is big on me.. but I believe I can pull it off haha :)! can't wait for an event to happen in the autumn night so I can wear it out! YAYYY
Here are some pictures. don't judge me haha!

clip ons for $0.99
$6.99 grandma cardi
Kim-anh got some pretty awesome bags today!!! Check her blog to see thems!

Now.. some random pictures of they day :D



our buys


recuperating at home after a day of shopping :)




No comments:

Post a Comment