Wednesday, November 9, 2011

rain come again another day



The news is flooded with predictions of a tropical storm heading towards Victoria. Mum and dad are preparing to 'flood proof' our garage by stacking bags of unopened mulch at the foot of the garage door i.e. to create a barrier so that the water does not sip through the gap. Mum also got me to call Erjia (second sister) to come home by 6pm before the storm strikes between 6pm-7pm. She wants her home before the city floods up causing more delays for those that are heading home after work.

In Malaysia, we often experience tropical storms, especially in the monsoon season. I remember hiding behind our sofas and under our tables to hide from the 'storm' lol! I would dodge the light created by the lightning and run from shadowed area to shadowed area. lol! It was some sort of game I guess.. maybe as a coping mechanism to hide the fear that storms always create.

Even though it's nerve-wrecking listening to pelts of rain ramming into my bedroom windows, I can say that I am a fan of tropical storms because it reminds me of home- back in Malaysia. :D

On a side note, I've got this new app 'rain alarm' that gives notifications of possible rain!!!! that's how I got the images of the weather map above :D LOOOL! how cool is it?!

*images of storms from here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment