Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My DIY: decorating a diary

A couple great things why bank diaries are really good is that they look professional, sturdy and have good lay-outs with the right number of calendar, 'things-to-do' and notes pages. However, the not so great thing about bank diaries is that they are filled with ads on the bank, such a dud -.-"

Anyway, dad got a bank diary and I took it to make it mine :D I used old paper materials, like old letter pads, newspaper, receipts, airline tickets and envelopes to stick on the separator cardboard parts that had ads :D


This was the cover of the diary :D HSBC


I could only take out three separators by unwinding it from the binder, that was easy..


But for the other separators, I cut the spine area which allowed me to detach and attach the separators back onto the binder.. that was tedious..


After I dismantled the separators from the diary, I just stuck the papers on :D


Once the separators were done, it was time to attach it back onto the diary




TADA! the diary looks nicer now :D

It took me around 3-4 hours to completely upgrade my diary. HEY! it's not that easy, okay?! For each separator I had to use a blade to cut the squares where the binder goes through. Also, it took time for my creative juices to start flowing ;D HAHA


No comments:

Post a Comment