Tuesday, January 10, 2012

PFFT!! perks of a gym

Positives

- There is a huge range of facilities available for you. E.g. sauna, swimming pool, weights, cardio, classes, etc.

- Because you have to pay, you are most likely to use the facilities and GET FIT!

- Facilitates regular exercise.

- Health and physique would improve.


Negatives

- Having to share machines can be a little unhygienic.

- Having to pay certain fees that weren't explained to you when you CLEARLY asked them about.

- Having to deal with hidden terms and conditions.

- Having to pay a certain amount of money for a little change in the membership. E.g. if I was to suspend my account, I have to pay a fee to start the suspension and above that I have to pay the actual suspension fee.

- Having to drive to the gym which uses up money as wells.


SIGH, I've lost my faith in gyms. (lol!) They advertise on helping people keep healthy, lose weight, eat better, etc. but in the end they are just trying to make money. They charge super expensive fees to join. E.g. if someone was to join a gym, they would have to pay the 1) joining fee + 2) administration fee + 3) the weekly/fortnightly fee. Do you have any idea how much that would add up to be?!?!! Also, above these huge amount of fees, what I hate the most are the little administration fees! E.g. If I was to suspend my membership, I have to pay 1) the suspension fee + 2) the fee to go onto suspension. ZOMG, can't I just pay my suspension? Why do I need to pay a fee to get onto suspension?!!?

Furthermore, there are ridiculous terms and conditions where if you do not pay your membership by a certain time in a day, an overdue/lateness fee will be added above your membership fee. E.g. membership fees are charged at 9am on Mondays and if I do not have enough $$ in my account, I'd be charged $10. So, if I was to transfer my money at 9:01am, it would be too late and I'd be charged an extra $10! How ridiculous is that?!! If I was overdue on my water bill, the company would usually send a reminder or warning letter. But NOHHHH a gym would just automatically add the extra $10 on your account. @#(&$*#$(&!) Sigh.. I guess that's the difference between a club good and a common good :(

No comments:

Post a Comment