Saturday, November 5, 2011

take a step forward


The great thing about time is that it's always moving forward. You know that in troubles; one day it will be over. You know that in challenges; one day it will be in the past. I often hear young (i.e. 18-25 year old) people complaining about their age and how they are getting 'old'. To be honest, I don't think it is that a big deal because as time passes you learn more, you become wiser, you improve and you mature. So, embrace time! There is no point wishing you were younger, healthier, faster, etc. because you cannot go back. That's time. That's why it's so precious. I recently read a quote by Steve Jobs (I know a quote by Steve is a cliche now, but.. whatever :D) on an interview with MSNBC.com in 2006, it went like this "I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what's next". At first I did not understand, but now I really agree with what he said. It's like once you've overcome a challenge, don't spend too much time thinking of what you've done, you might grow proud and may feel resentment; wishing for the 'glory day's to come again. Instead just move and do greater things. Of course, sometimes people would reminiscent about the past and that's fine. I'm just saying stop looking back too often or else it will affect your ability to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment