Tuesday, December 6, 2011

alterations

On Sunday Sharmeen, Jess, Kim-anh and I went to Savers for some shopping and I came out with three stuffs :D I was really happy cos I found what I wanted i.e. high waisted pants.

The high waisted pants was like... high waisted shorts that go down till the knee.. so I had plans to cut off a certain length to make them into SHORTS and to 'hem' them up myself. lol.


I had to use safety pins to pin the correct length cos we ran out of the normal pins lol! Can you see the thread at the border? tat's my handy work :D LOL! 


I didn't take a before picture of the shorts.. but I laid the cut out pieces to just show the actual length of the shorts.


This is after I sewed up the length and stuff..


This is how the shorts looked on me :D EHEHHE The stripped top was also one of the shirts I got from savers :D



Here's the second top I got from savers with the altered shorts :D EHEHHE The top is also the top that both Kim-anh and Sharmeen did not like. When I came out of the changing room I was like
'Heyyy guys do you like this?!?!!! I really like it!!'
Kim-anh:  'Nahh.. I don't like it..' 
 'whaaaat? :(((' and I look at Sharmeen 
Sharmeen: 'yeahhhh.. I don't like it as well' 

AHAHAHHAAH!! but in the end I still got it :D cos I really liked it lol. I bought it cos you rarely find striped shirts... like the vertical ones, also.. I liked it how it was huge cos it'll be really cooling and comfortable.


Like the shorts, I also altered the shirt by taking in the sleeves.. I think originally it fell below my elbow, but now it just sits nicely on the elbows :D EHEHHE I was so proud about my hemming that I showed mum the above top that I hemmed and she FULLL ON BUST OUT LAUGHING! I was like AHAHAHHAHA as wells! cos.. idk why lol :D anyway.. she laughed cos she said I didn't do it right. but I was like..
but it's just hemming eheheh, how is 'doing it right'?
Nevermind, we can take it to malaysia and they can sew it properly. wahahha!
ahah okkkk then, but it looks like it's part of the pattern! I even used white thread to make it look like it's part of it.
Ahhhhahaha okay

Also, mum thought that my top looked like a nursing uniform :( which.. to be honest.. I guess it looks like it AHAHAH! BUT STILL okaaay?!?!  I like it  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment